To date, Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust (YDMT) has helped to deliver inspiring projects worth more than ￡30 Million in the Yorkshire Dales and surrounding areas. These projects cover areas as diverse as countryside apprenticeships, supporting local communities, education and outreach, restoring woodlands and wildlife habitats, and improving access and understanding of this special place.
Player support has helped to:
- Restore more than 750 hectares of wildflower hay meadows, home to hundreds of species of wildlife.
- Bring more than 16,000 adults and young people from disadvantaged urban backgrounds to the Yorkshire Dales, often for the first time, to enjoy all kinds of activities and adventures in the beautiful countryside. These visits often provide the confidence and inspiration for individuals to return to the Dales with friends and family.
- Enhance the opportunity for young people to be engaged in nature for a longer time period through a woodland wellbeing programme.
- Provide training opportunities and apprentices for young local people to learn countryside management skills.
- Conserve the unique heritage features that make the Yorkshire Dales landscape special - like rebuilding walls, barns, and restoring village halls.
- Plant nearly 1.6 million native broadleaf trees to re-establish hundreds of beautiful woodlands. Over time these trees will go on to create vibrant wildlife habitats, enriching the landscape and bringing huge environmental benefits to the area and our climate.
- Remove 60,000 plastic tree shelters from the Dales and lead nationally on issue of plastic use in the woodland sector.
- Provide financial support and expert advice to hundreds of life-changing community projects and initiatives.
YMDT wouldn't be able to do any of these wonderful things without the support of partners and the kindness of countless individuals, including the players of People's Postcode Lottery. Thank you.
For more information, visit their website www.ydmt.org (opens in new tab).
Head office and contact info
Old Post Office